Moving Interstate or Moving Local Checklist

If you’re moving house there’s a range of people and organisations that you need to notify.

A checklist has also been created to remind you of both government and other organisations that may require your new address.

Below we have provided some helpful links making it easier to change your address when you have relocated to a new area.


Once you have established your myGov account, you will be able to link your myGov account to a range of Member Services. Member Services may be operated by the department (DHS Member Services) or by other government or non-government entities (each of which is an Other Agency).
A growing range of member services including:

  • Medicare
  • Australian Taxation Office
  • Centrelink
  • Australian JobSearch
  • Personally Controlled eHealth Record
  • Child Support
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs
  • National Disability Insurance Scheme

Medicare Card

Required for claiming a Medicare benefit, visiting a doctor who bulk bills, seeking treatment as a public patient in a public hospital or having a Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme prescription filled


Delivering a range of payments and services for people at times of major change.Moving-Clients

Australian Tax Office

Our online services are a secure way to access information and services for your personal tax and super affairs.

Child Support

Helping separated parents to provide the necessary support for their children’s wellbeing

You can update your postal address, email address and contact phone numbers using your online account

Click here to Log in online to myGov and update your personal details

Electoral Roll

Every time you move, you must update your address on the electoral roll or your name could be removed and you will be unable to vote. You are eligible to enrol for your new address if you have lived there for at least one month.

You will need to provide evidence of your identity. You can use your driver’s licence, Australian passport number or have someone who is enrolled confirm your identity.

If you are overseas or going overseas don’t use this form to change your address. Please see information on going overseas.

Click here to submit your change of address online